Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Well, Election Day Was Interesting...




...I heard on the radio that despite the massive payouts for campaigns this year, the electorate was THE MOST INDIFFERENT EVER.

And yet, when I went to vote after work yesterday -- for the very first time since I started voting here -- the joint was jumping.  Even when Obama went head-to-head with John McCain, when supposedly almost every registered citizen showed up to duke it out in the voting booth, I was only voter #59, right at the end of the day in my precinct.

Yesterday?  I was voter #600.  Still a pathetic turnout, but that's more than I usually see showing up.  It makes me wonder who they asked about whether they are indifferent to the midterms.  And how you would even go about measuring something like indifference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home