Thursday, June 26, 2008

This Week's Bavarian Fire Drill


Now here's our government at work: I got an e-mail alert at work today. Someone wanted me to protest the elimination of the Team Decision Making process at Child Protective Services, which would leave life-shattering decisions about removing children from their homes to, I dunno, the janitor or something. They want to cut off TDM funding because we can no longer afford that sort of wasteful state spending.
~
Yesterday, in the mail, I got a letter from the Feds joyously announcing that my economic stimulus check would arrive any day now. I'm guessing, with an average 3 people per household in this country, that they designed, printed up and mailed out 100 million of these at God knows what cost. Not to mention sending out 100 million checks the following week, each of them made out for $600 or more. I wonder how many battered infants you could save with that kind of money?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home