Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Bureaucracy Moment, Courtesy of Discordia



This was easily the high point of all the staff meetings I've attended thus far at the new job:


I learned that in the event of a client's death, we are required by law to send the client notice, no less than twelve days in advance, that we are closing the case and terminating service. The notice must be written, not telephonic, and it must be sent by regular mail. Why? In case the decedent wishes to appeal the decision, he or she has a reasonable amount of time to come back from the grave and give us a good tongue-lashing.


This information gave me a happy glow that lasted until I was driving home, and some dumbass in the oncoming lane swerved and nearly took off my front bumper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home