Friday, May 18, 2007

This Sounds Too Good To Be True!


I read about this company in a magazine -- Discover, if I recall correctly – and I was so excited I looked it up on the Internet. What a laugh! This guy in Ohio has come up with a process to make diesel fuel out of chicken’s feet and old Barbie dolls. That’s right, he can make plastic into tractor gas. His invention (man, did he remember to get it patented?) promises to tidy up some of those loose ends that irritate us so much, like the landfill problem and the OPEC nations shaking our economy the way a terrier shakes a rat. And what’s the inventor’s name, kids?

APPEL.

I know you like it as much as I do.

I’m fighting the impulse to ask whether he’ll turn out to be the Appel that laid the golden egg, or the Golden Appel that just kind of…lays an egg. I appear to be losing the fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home